California Certification Legal Secretary (CCLS®) Exam
CCLS is a program of Legal Professionals, Incorporated, (LPI) providing educational programs and professional development.
Certification is achieved by passing a comprehensive examination. Candidates are tested in California legal procedures, legal terminology, performance skills, reasoning and ethics, law office administration, communications, and legal computations. A minimum of two years experience is required. Continuing legal education requirements must be met for recertification.
- CCLS Information Kit
- Application for CCLS Exam
- CCLS Marketing Presentation (or download the Power Point file)
Benefits of Certification
- Qualify for professional, personal and economic reward
- Improve your knowledge of California legal practice and procedure
- Broaden your opportunities for job advancement
- Enhance your self-confidence and self-esteem
- Gain further recognition and respect within the legal environment
- Click here to read an article about becoming a CCLS
Please review our tools to use in studying for the CCLS Certification.
The Next Move Is Up To You
- Set your goal
- Register for the exam
- Study for the examination
- Pass the examination!
To register for the March 18, 2023 or September 16, 2023 exams, you may complete the application form.
Contact the CCLS Certifying Board
All fields required.