+ READ JOB DESCRIPTION
PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING TODAY.
Fennemore Wendel is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all social, economic and ethnic groups, and individuals with disabilities, to apply to our positions. Fennemore Wendel is dedicated to maintaining an atmosphere that promotes the diversity of personal backgrounds, experiences, abilities, perspectives and ideas. If your experience and qualifications are close to what you see listed here – even if not a perfect match — please still consider applying. If you require assistance or need reasonable accommodations during any point in the application or interview process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- READ LESS
+ READ JOB DESCRIPTION
Bay Area Receivership Group (BARG) is looking for a legal assistant to help support its dynamic team! We are a diverse group of professionals that work together closely to support a receiver in his various court appointments. What is a receiver, you may ask? Great question! It’s a court-appointed fiduciary over property with specific duties to carry out. Our receiver is regularly appointed over diverse types of property which keeps it exciting and engaging. Rehabbing dilapidated buildings, seizing Ferraris and Lamborghinis, taking over office buildings used to perpetuate crimes, cleaning up toxic waste site, and more. We are constantly applying our skills to new situations and learning!
The nature of the appointment means we really must have someone with a basic understanding of the civil court system. Ideally, we are looking for someone who has at least 3 years of legal experience. Experience in civil litigation, real estate, and/or bankruptcy is preferred, but we are willing to work with the right candidate. We have warm, friendly work environment in Berkeley, CA.
Pay: up to $75k
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Schedule: 8 hours, Mon through Fri in our Berkeley, CA office
- Legal assistant/paralegal/legal secretary with min. 3 yrs experience
- Familiarity with local state filing rules and procedures
- Experience with litigation calendaring in state (California) courts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Working knowledge of legal procedures and legal terminology
- Fluent in English with spelling, punctuation and grammar proficiency
- File and serving court-pleadings in CA state courts, including submission of ex-parte applications
- Calendar litigation deadlines and reminders
- Draft and revise pleadings, include proofs of service and monthly reports
- Arrange remote court appearances
- Review case dockets and court calendars for updates and/or tentative rulings
- File and organize case pleadings and files in firm drive
- Provide behind-the-scene administrative support to outside and in-house attorneys as necessary
- Accurately record time for billing purposes
BARG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com
- READ LESS