More jobs coming soon.
Collegial, professional, and diverse, A-V Rated, 5-attorney Walnut Creek civil litigation defense law firm is looking for a full-time, experienced litigation secretary with personal injury and product liability experience.
Qualified candidates must have at least 4 years of solid civil litigation experience, a thorough knowledge of civil litigation practice and procedures, in-depth knowledge of calendaring procedures and deadlines, excellent communication skills, organization and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as a team. PC skills necessary include MS Office, Legal Solutions and ideally Amicus.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please email your resume and a cover letter listing your salary requirement to Cindy Spalding at firstname.lastname@example.org . No agencies please. Qualified candidates only will be contacted.
Meyers Nave is recruiting for a Litigation Legal Secretary. This is a nonexempt position reporting to the Director of Administration and is in the Firm’s Los Angeles or Oakland office.
ABOUT MEYERS NAVE
Meyers Nave has an exceptional reputation in California as a go-to law firm that clients rely on to handle their highest profile, most complicated and often most controversial transactions and litigated matters. Attorneys work in multi-disciplinary teams to help public agencies, private businesses and non-profit organizations navigate complex local, state and federal laws and regulations. Meyers Nave was founded over 30 years ago and has grown into a state-wide firm with approximately 65 attorneys in five locations.
The Litigation Legal Secretary is responsible for providing administrative support to attorneys on a day-to-day basis, as well as working closely with clients and other team members to ensure effective and timely attention to important legal matters.
The position’s essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
Draft, review and revise legal and non-legal documents including correspondence and memoranda, pleadings, PowerPoint presentations, budgets, etc.;
Format court pleadings according to applicable court rules and generate tables of authorities and tables of contents using Firm software;
Creating shell documents for various pleadings needed by attorneys;
Demonstrate understanding of, and facility with, local rules of court, municipal, state and federal rules of procedure;
File documents with courts and administrative bodies, including electronic filing where applicable; Arrange for service of pleadings and subpoenas;
Assist with preparation for and scheduling of meetings, teleconferences, conferences and travel;
Organize documents, and prepare binders and files to house relevant legal and non-legal materials;
Review incoming mail and route to attorneys, the Firm’s Calendaring Department, and others;
Maintain electronic and physical case files;
Demonstrate understanding of municipal law documents, including staff reports, resolutions, ordinances, agendas and notices;
Partner with Firm’s Records Group to create, review and maintain electronic and physical case files;
Assist with tracking and management of various projects;
Maintain shared office calendars and individual attorney/director calendars in Outlook, partnering with the Firm’s Calendar Group when necessary;
Demonstrate understanding of calendaring practices;
Enter attorneys’ billable time as requested according to Firm billing policies and coordinate with Firm’s billing personnel to facilitate attorneys’ timely review of monthly billing statements;
Proofread documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation and formatting errors;
Prepare check requests and coordinate payment to vendors when necessary;
Prepare expense reports and book travel arrangements;
Answer phones for attorneys/directors, direct incoming phone calls and greet clients and guests;
Regular, reliable and punctual on-site attendance;
Back up secretaries during planned and unplanned absences;
Take direction and apply corrections to future revisions;
Partner with attorneys to proactively manage their business development activities;
Maintain composure and work efficiently and accurately during highly stressful circumstances;
Demonstrate excellent customer service;
Build relationships with key staff in client offices, including periodically traveling to client sites;
Work cordially, cooperatively and productively with Firm employees; and
Work overtime as needed to complete essential functions.
Management retains the right to add to or change the essential functions of this position at any time.
The following qualifications are required unless otherwise noted:
High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate preferred;
Minimum of five years of legal secretary/legal assistant experience;
Prior litigation experience in California state and federal court is required; appellate experience is preferred;
Superior customer service skills;
Strong organizational skills and ability to contribute to streamlining processes;
Accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation;
Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
Strong attention to detail;
Pro-active self-starter with ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment;
Experience using Microsoft Office (experience using Office 2016 Suite is preferred); and
Prior experience with iManage, Best Authority, time and billing systems, and Adobe Professional is preferred.
Meyers Nave is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any qualified applicant’s race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other category protected by law. Meyers Nave will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com
Direct applicants only.
The Firm is not accepting submissions from recruiters for this position.
Kato, Feder & Suzuki, a small San Francisco law firm specializing in Elder Law, is seeking a full-time paralegal. Major areas of practice include estate planning; wills; trusts; estate and trust administration; probate; conservatorships; planning for incapacity; medical decision making; public benefits planning; and special needs trust.
Responsibilities will be broad, including meeting with clients; drafting pleadings and correspondence; communicating with opposing parties and their counsel; communicating with courts; communicating with financial institutions; drafting deeds; preparing and reviewing accountings; organizing client files; and maintaining attorney calendars.
Experience preferred, but willing to train the appropriate candidate.
We are located in downtown San Francisco near BART and other public transportation.
The ideal candidate will be bright, congenial, analytical, organized, with good communication skills, and attention to detail. The ability to work with a team is important.
Bachelor’s Degree; Paralegal Certificate or 3- 5 years’ experience as a paralegal;
Computer skills including intermediate command of Word and Excel;
Communication and problem-solving skills.
Knowledge of Time Matters, Essential Forms, and California Wills and Trusts drafting system a plus.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Benefits include medical, vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, 401k as well as other benefits, upon the passing of the appropriate time period
The salary will depend on experience.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10/31/2020.
Horner Law Group, PC is a small Walnut Creek boutique real estate litigation firm seeking an experienced, friendly, and outgoing Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary/Paralegal to support attorneys and one paralegal in their fast-paced litigation firm.
The individual must have the ability to perform secretarial functions with a high level of accuracy and must have strong knowledge of California litigation, including calendaring, local rules and court filing procedures.
Preparing and formatting complex documents, pleadings, correspondence and Judicial Council forms.
Managing voluminous records on an electronic file management system.
Assisting with the preparation of deposition and trial binders.
Scheduling of meetings, depositions, and Court call appearances.
Familiarity with e-filing and e-service procedures.
We are looking for an individual who is resourceful and proactive, can anticipate needs of attorneys and assist them with changing deadlines and priorities, have the ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines.
Candidates should have a professional appearance and demeanor, a solid work history with excellent attendance.
Must be a team player and work well with our existing staff.
Additionally, must be highly proficient in MS Word (including Table of Contents and Table of Authorities), Excel, Outlook and Hot Docs or Essential Forms.
Experience with Timeslips or other timekeeper platforms is a plus.
At least 2 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary/Paralegal
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday (9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Pay: $1.00 – $90,000.00 per year depending on experience. 401(k) eligibility after 6 months and Medical/Dental and Vision benefits after 60 days.
The job announcement for Legal Assistant/Legal Secretary/Paralegal click here for the online application.
The Office of the County Counsel provides legal services to the Board of Supervisors, elected officials and County departments and agencies. It consists of approximately 60 employees and is located in downtown Oakland at 12th and Oak Streets, near Highway 880 and BART.
Working a 37.5-hour week, you will be providing a wide range of civil legal secretary support in the areas of litigation and legal transactional matters. Duties include, but not limited to, civil legal document and correspondence preparation, calendaring, case/file management, court filings, and litigation activities. You will be part of a team working in a fast-paced environment.
- The equivalent of three years of full-time experience performing the duties of a legal stenographer or legal secretary for attorneys or judges in a civil legal environment that included preparation of documents such as pleadings, briefs, legal memoranda and opinions, and other papers containing extensive legal citations.
- Completion of one year of legal secretarial training curriculum in a recognized business college may substitute for one year of the required experience listed above.
- The successful candidate will have experience in: e-filing (state and federal courts); preparing documents such as pleadings, briefs, legal memoranda, opinions, and other documents containing extensive legal citations, as well as pre-trial and trial documents; and case/document management software; Extensive knowledge of civil legal terminology, forms and documents; legal calendaring, indexing and file maintenance, and court filing procedures.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A typing certificate with a net typing speed of 50 net words per minute must be submitted. The certificate must be dated within six (6) months of the last day of filing and can be scanned and attached to your on-line application (under the resume tab).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- The salary range is $2,879.255 – $3,019.50 biweekly ($74,860.50 – $78,507.00 annually). Benefits include medical and dental insurance for employee and dependents, life insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, holidays, defined retirement plan and a deferred compensation plan as well as other benefits
The job announcement for Civil Legal Secretary, online application and supplemental questionnaire forms are available at
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
The deadline for filing online application is Friday, September 11, 2020 at 5:00pm
Boutique law firm dealing in Estate Planning, Probate, Trust Administration and related litigation as well as Tax Law is looking for a part-time administrative assistant to start right away. Successful candidate will work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Create a welcoming and professional environment for clients, vendors, and other guests
- Answer incoming phone calls, check voicemails, and take messages and forward to appropriate recipients
- Sort mail and incoming faxes
- Prepare mail log for incoming mail, including faxes, and send to attorney, paralegal and/or legal secretary via email.
- Inventory, order, and manage office supplies.
- Prepare simple correspondence to clients, courts, and others.
- Open new client files, scan documents, file away document in client physical and electronic files
- Schedule appointments
- Create reminders on Outlook calendar to follow up on pending tasks only (excludes hearings, deadlines, and related reminders)
- Help with any other office tasks as assigned
- Experience working in a legal office and experience with probate/trusts is a plus
- Familiarity with using naming systems for electronic records and ability to accurately sort electronic documents
- Excellent client relation skills and ability to maintain calm and professional demeanor
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skill, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Positive attitude with an ability to adapt to rapidly changing needs and conditions
- Technology proficient
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Clio Client Manager
- Experience mailing and filing legal notices/documents
Dependent upon experience
Submit resume and cover letter to Travis Floyd, email@example.com.