Let’s face it, during these difficult times when everything seems to cost more, we could use some helpful information to get the most for our money to make everyone happy this holiday season. Here are six things to consider that you can do to help you get great deals on the things that people like while saving money this holiday season.
- Do your research – start now to find out what can bring value and a smile to the faces of your friends and family this holiday season. You don’t have to spend a lot to ensure you are getting what people want. A little creativity can go a long way.
- Establish your budget – yes, that’s right having a list and a budget is a great way to ensure that you don’t spend too much this year. It may take a lot of discipline, but we know you can do it.
- Use sites and/or apps that can help you find the bargains to save you money – perfect example, Capital One Shopping is a great resource for applying coupons at check-out. Amazon Prime is another great option as they always have daily specials. Rakuten is another online shopping choice that offers cash back for any purchases. Speaking of cash back, Ibotta is another app that will allow you to earn money while you shop.
- Shop online – Black Friday and Cyber Monday are great resources for getting deals. Major retailers are already advertising those big-ticket items you can get this holiday season.
- Shop locally – once the hoopla is all over with the online shopping events, you may want to keep an eye out for advertising through local retailers for discounts they offer at local malls or shopping outlets. But also, let’s not forget Small Business Saturday as we want to make sure that we are also supporting our communities this holiday season. Also, in case you have not heard, Toys R Us is now at Macy’s.
- Mix things up and consider a Secret Santa approach this year – this is particularly great for large gatherings, so you don’t have to break the bank to get presents for everyone. There is a software platform called Elfster that can help you manage this process for free. The application provides social networking features as well as wish lists. You can set a spending limit; the platforms offer options for items to choose to add to their wish list. It’s a different and fun approach to making this holiday season fun for the family while saving money.
We wish everyone a safe and prosperous holiday season. But most importantly, we want everyone to feel great about saving money this year.
Categorized in: General
|<< previous||next >>|