USDC – NORTHERN DISTRICT – MAGISTRATE JUDGE REAPPOINTMENTS
The current terms of office for the following United States Magistrate Judges in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California are due to expire: U.S. Magistrate Judge Jacqueline S. Corley on May 17, 2019; and U.S. Magistrate Judge Nathanael Cousins on July 4, 2019. The United States District Court is required by law to establish a panel of citizens to consider the reappointment of a magistrate judge to a new 8-year term.
The duties of the magistrate judge position include the following:
1. conduct of most preliminary proceedings in criminal cases;
2. trial and disposition of misdemeanor cases;
3. conduct of various pretrial matters and evidentiary proceedings on delegation from the judges of the district court;
4. trial and disposition of civil cases upon consent of the litigants; and
5. conduct of settlement conferences.
Comments from members of the bar and the public are invited as to whether these incumbent magistrate judges should be recommended by the panel for reappointment by the court. Separate comments for each magistrate judge should be submitted in writing no later than August 31, 2018 to:
Susan Y. Soong, Clerk of Court
U.S. District Court
450 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
Comments may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Categorized in: General