FRESNO – NOTICE OF LIMITED COURT CLOSURES
NOTICE OF LIMITED COURT CLOSURES
DECEMBER 24, 26 and 31, 2014 and JANUARY 2, 2015
Due to severe budget reductions and following the required public comment procedures for 60 days, the Fresno Superior Court hereby announces that it will temporarily close the Main Criminal Courthouse and B.F. Sisk Courthouse (including the Self-Help Center and Archives Department) and relocate essential hearings and consolidate the Clerk’s Offices into the M Street Courthouse and the Juvenile Justice Campus only on the following days:
– December 24 and 26, and 31, 2014,
– January 2, 2015
The following courtrooms WILL be open:
– Departments 95 and 96 at the North Annex Jail (located at 1265 M Street) for adult criminal arraignment hearings and previously set matters.
– Department 97C at the M Street Courthouse (located at 2317 Tuolumne Street) for traffic and criminal infraction walk-in arraignments morning only, and will assist Department 95, 96. This department will also process emergency orders.
– Departments 97A and 97B at the M Street Courthouse (located at 2317 Tuolumne Street) as standby trial courtrooms for adult criminal trials, should they need to proceed due to a statutory timeframe limitation, and domestic violence and restraining order matters, process emergency orders and urgent cases with statutory timeframe limitations.
– Department 99A at the Juvenile Justice Campus (located at 3333 East American Avenue) for all juvenile delinquency and dependency matters with statutory timeframe limitations.
– Department 99B at the Juvenile Justice Campus (located at 3333 East American Avenue) as standby trial courtroom for juvenile trial should they need to proceed due to a statutory timeframe limitation, and provide assistance to 99A should the need arise.
All other courtrooms will be closed during these days.
For Clerk’s Office services on the above dates, the Fresno Superior Court will have at least one window open at the M Street Courthouse, 2317 Tuolumne Street, for each of the following departments: Traffic, Civil/Small Claims, Probate, Family Law/Family Support, and Criminal. The Clerk’s Office at the Juvenile Justice Campus (located at 3333 East American Avenue) will remain open for juvenile related matters (both Delinquency and Dependency). The Clerk’s Office hours on those days will remain 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Each case specific window will be open and available to perform all normal Clerk’s Office duties. Services from the Self-Help Center and Archives Department will not be available.
These changes are a result of the Court’s strategic planning for operational efficiency during this time of year. The temporary relocation of departments from the Main and B.F. Sisk Courthouses to the M Street Courthouse on these days will provide the Court the opportunity to better utilize staff resources.
*Pursuant to Government Code §68106, this proposal is published for public comment with a deadline of November 3th 2014. After that date the comments will be reviewed and modifications will be made to the proposal, if necessary.
Categorized in: General