With many courts now accepting e-filing, bookmarking has become one of the requirements.
Alameda County Superior Court is one of the latest venues to offer e-filing as an option for civil and civil appeals. It is anticipated that other areas of law will be added.
Bookmarking is defined as, “A PDF document navigational tool that allows the reader to quickly locate and navigate to a designated point of interest within a document.” (Alameda County Superior Court Technical E-filing Requirements, http://alameda.courts.ca.gov/Resources/Documents/e-filing%20Technical%20Requirements.pdf)
What should be bookmarked?
- Table of Contents, bookmarked to each referenced section.
- Electronic exhibits with links to the first page of each exhibit
- Bookmark titles that identify the section, or exhibit number or letter.
- Brief description in title for exhibits.
- Check Local Rules regarding e-filing for any other specifics about bookmarking.
To create a bookmark (Page thumbnails and bookmarks in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat):
- Click the Bookmarks button on the left to open the Bookmarks panel.
- Open the page where you want the bookmark to link to, and adjust the view settings.
- Use the Select tool to select the area of the page you want to bookmark:
- To bookmark a single image, click in the image or drag a rectangle around the image.
- To bookmark a portion of an image, drag a rectangle around the portion.
- To bookmark text, drag to select it. The selected text becomes the label of the new bookmark. You can edit the label.
- Select the bookmark under which you want to place the new bookmark. If you don’t select a bookmark, the new bookmark is automatically added at the end of the list.
- Choose Tools > Edit PDF > More > Add Bookmark.
- In the Bookmarks panel, type or edit the name of the new bookmark.
Check out some of the upcoming events at Events Calendar – Legal Professionals, Inc. – LPI : Legal Professionals, Inc. – LPI (legalprofessionalsinc.org) or LPI’s Webinars On-Demand at Webinars on Demand – Legal Professionals, Inc. – LPI : Legal Professionals, Inc. – LPI (legalprofessionalsinc.org).
Categorized in: Legal Procedure
|<< previous||next >>|