Test your knowledge:
Answer “True” or “False” for each statement below.
1. An attorney is legally responsible for the work product of all members of his staff.
2. Fee agreements are required for all representations and must be in writing.
3. Attorneys may collect contingent fees in all types of cases and representations.
4. Staff in a law office are held to the same standards of confidentiality as attorneys.
5. An attorney has no duty to turn over a client’s files until all fees are paid in full.
6. It is illegal for a notary to use “notario publico” when advertising their services.
7. Attorneys may never break the attorney-client privilege.
8. Setting legal fees is considered the “practice of law.”
9. A notary may never leave their journal in the care of another notary.
10. If a notary personally knows the signer, they may obtain the signer’s signature and ID for their journal within 24 hours after the notarial act is completed.
Categorized in: General
|<< previous||next >>|