CCLS On-line Study Group
August 11, 2015 - October 13, 2015
Click here to register online.
If you are interested in studying for the California Certified Legal Secretary (“CCLS”) Exam, join LSI’s CCLS On-Line Study Group.
**All examinees must meet eligibility guidelines outlined in the CCLS Information Kit.
During the classes, all topics covered in the CCLS exam will be reviewed, including:
- California Legal Procedure (civil, family, probate, real estate, corporate)
- Legal Terminology (citations, terminology)
- Legal Computations (calendaring, math)
- Skills (proofreading, following directions)
- Ability to Communicate Effectively (grammar, punctuation, word usage)
- Law Office Administration (computers, filing)
- Reasoning & Ethics (ability to act reasonably and ethically)
Classes will take place once a week via WebEx videoconference on Tuesday evenings from 7 p.m. to approximately 8:30 p.m., and will continue through October 13, 2015. Login information will be provided upon enrollment in, and payment for, the classes. System requirements are available at www.webex.com.
The cost of the Study Group (all classes) is
- $100 for LSI members taking classes for the first time
- $125 for non-LSI members taking classes for first time
- $50 for LSI members repeating
- $75 for non-LSI members repeating
Each individual must register separately.
NEXT CCLS EXAM SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2015
Students will be provided with homework and handouts. Students are responsible for providing their own Law Office Procedures Manual, The Gregg Reference Manual (11th Ed.), California Style Manual (4th Ed.), and Pocket Guide to Legal Ethics, by the start of the classes. Students are also encouraged to have the CCLS Study Guide.
The PDF registration form can be accessed by clicking here.