Effective May 1, 2017, at the final status conference (FSC) for personal injury cases heard in Department 91 & 97 at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, the Court will order selected cases to a mandatory settlement conference (MSC) pursuant to CRC Rule 3.1380 as follows:
• MSCs will be held after the FSC and before the trial date.
• MSCs will be scheduled on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Fridays at 9:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m.
• MSCs will be conducted at the Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 9th Floor conference rooms (in the back of the cafeteria) Each MSC will be supervised by the judge who made the order and staffed by settlement attorneys from the following organizations:
• American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
• Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC)
• Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA
Whenever possible, these organizations will provide a settlement team of a plaintiff and defense attorney.
Pursuant to CRC 3.1380(b), trial counsel, parties and persons with full authority to settle the case must personally attend the conference, unless excused by the court for good cause. If any consent to settle is required for any reason, the party with that consensual authority must be personally present at the conference. Requests for telephonic appearances are discouraged. Such requests must be submitted at the FSC. The Court will enter a Minute Order for cases selected for this program.
Categorized in: Legal Procedure
|<< previous||next >>|