LOS ANGELES – LASC ANNOUNCES SMALL CLAIMS CASES TO BE HEARD IN EVERY JUDICIAL DISTRICT
Effective Oct. 10, 2017, the Los Angeles Superior Court will expand small claims operations from six to eleven courthouses, as follows:
• Chatsworth Courthouse, 9425 Penfield Ave., Chatsworth 91311 (New)
• Compton Courthouse, 200 West Compton Blvd., Compton 90220 (New)
• Governor George Deukmejian (Long Beach) Courthouse, 275 Magnolia, Long Beach 90802 (New)
• Pasadena Courthouse, 300 East Walnut, Pasadena, 91101 (New) (Effective Oct. 10, 2017, small claims cases will no longer be heard at the Alhambra Courthouse.)
• Santa Monica Courthouse, 1725 Main St., Santa Monica, 90401 (New)
• West Covina Courthouse, 1427 West Covina Parkway, West Covina, 91790 (New) • Downey Courthouse, 7500 East Imperial Highway, Downey, 90242
• Inglewood Courthouse, One Regent Street, Inglewood, 90301
• Michael D. Antonovich (Antelope Valley) Courthouse, 42011 Fourth Street West, Lancaster, 93534
• Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, 90012
• Van Nuys East Courthouse, 6230 Sylmar Ave., Van Nuys, 91401
LASC Local Rule 2.3(a)(2) specifies small claims cases must be filed in the courthouse serving the location and proper United States Postal Service zip code of the property in dispute using the Zip Code Table for Small Claims cases. The zip code table is available on the Court’s website at: http://www.lacourt.org/filinglocatornet/ui/filingsearch.aspx, on the home page and on the Small Claims and Civil Division pages. A copy of the Zip Code Table for Small Claims cases will also be available in every courthouse to assist parties in determining the new filing locations.
Small claims cases filed prior to Oct. 10, 2017, will be heard at the courthouse where they were originally filed, absent further order(s) of the court in individual cases, with the exception of the Alhambra Courthouse. Cases filed at the Alhambra Courthouse prior to Oct. 10, 2017 will be heard at the Pasadena Courthouse.
More information regarding Small Claims case filings is available on the Court’s website at: http://www.lacourt.org/division/smallclaims/smallclaims.aspx.
Categorized in: Legal Procedures