KINGS – COURT LIMIMTED HOURS DURING THE HOLIDAYS
The Superior Court of Kings County will reduce staffing and temporarily limit the hours and operations of its Divisions and Departments between December 26, 2016 and January 2, 2017, as follows:
1. Monday, December 26, 2016, the courthouse will be closed, in observance of Christmas.
2. The Jury Office will be closed from Tuesday, December 27, 2016 through Monday, January 2, 2017; any questions regarding jury service should be directed to the Clerk of the Court.
3. Tuesday, December 27, 2016 through Thursday, December 29, 2016, staffing of all trial departments of the Courthouse will be reduced resulting in a temporary closure of multiple courtrooms. During this period, the Courthouse Clerk’s Office hours of operation will remain the same [Tuesday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.]; however, longer processing and response times may be experienced.
4. Friday, December 30, 2016, the Courthouse business hours will remain the same [8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.]
5. Monday, January 2, 2017, the Courthouse will be closed, in observance of New Year’s.
6. Pre-December 26, 2016 operations and staffing levels will be restored to all Divisions of the Kings County Superior Court on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
The Superior Court Judges in Kings County have concluded that the temporary closure of the Jury Office, the limitation in operational trial departments, and the reduction of hours at our Courthouse as set forth above, is necessary in order to address the continued budget concerns and attendant personnel shortage that the Court faces. The limitation of hours and services set forth above is just one of many cost-saving steps taken by the Court to address continued trial court funding shortfalls.
Questions should be directed to: Jeffrey E. Lewis, Court Executive Officer at Kings County Superior, 1640 Kings County Drive, Hanford, California, 93230, (559) 582-1010, ext. 6002.
Categorized in: Legal Procedures